(Collective Evolution | Eline St-Onge) Hemp can grow anywhere, in any climate.
- Hemp requires no herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, or insecticides to grow well.
- Hemp can absorb 4x as much carbon dioxide in the air compared to trees
- Hemp helps detoxify and regenerate the soil.
- Hemp stalks take only 4 months to mature, whereas trees take 20 to 80 years.
- Hempcrete makes the perfect building material. It is fireproof, immune to termites, and naturally regulates humidity and temperature in a building.
There is no doubt about, hemp is awesome. Why isn’t it more commonly used as a building material?
Art du Chanvre (which is French for “Art of Hemp”) is a wonderful initiative whose goal is to develop a system to make hempcrete accessible to everyone. They need our support to build the first hempcrete block plant in America, which would produce 1 million blocks per year, providing every builder access to the amazing benefits of hemp construction. This could literally save our environment while reviving our economy in a sustainable way. What’s not to love about that?
Support their wonderful kickstarter campaign and help spread the world so that we can build a more sustainable world for generations to come!
Source: Collective Evolution