(Natural News | Beverly Entin) Oatmeal is an amazing thing that loaded with several important minerals, protein, antioxidants and vitamins. It benefits to your health thanks to its powerful healing properties, from preventing heart diseases, diabetes to fighting against cancer. It also has been proven to be able to boost weight loss, reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, stabilize blood sugar, enhance immune system, and it’s good for your skin. Yes, it’s a good natural ingredient for some skin issues, if you have any problems such as itchy, dry or irritated skin, oatmeal can help.
Why oatmeal is good for your skin
Oatmeal helps improve your skin in several ways:
- It absorbs the excess oil on your skin;
- It helps remove dry and dead skin to keep your skin clean and prevent acne, blackheads and pimples;
- It provides relief of redness and swelling due to its anti-inflammatory properties;
- It kills the bacteria that cause skin problems as it contains anti-microbial agents;
- It prevents skin damage as it has powerful antioxidants;
- It contains many minerals to keep hormonal balance, thus preventing acne and other skin issues;
- Oatmeal contains B vitamins, including vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and B9, which are important for skin cell regeneration.
When comes to treat acne, oatmeal itself or in combination with other ingredients works effectively. Keep reading to treat acne with the natural home remedies.
How to use oatmeal to get an acne relief
1. Oatmeal + Honey
Cook 1 cup of serving of plain oatmeal, add 1/4 cup raw honey and mix well to get a mixture. Leave it to let it cool and apply to your face. Rinse with warm water after 10-20 minutes.
Oatmeal absorbs oil to cleanse pores and honey moisturizes skin.
2. Oatmeal + Baking Soda
Blend 2 tablespoons of oatmeal until it becomes powder, then mix the powder with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 3 tablespoons of water to get a paste. Apply the paste to the affected areas, leave it until it dries. Repeat 2-3 times a day to relieve the symptoms.
Baking soda restores the PH balance of the skin to prevent acne.
3. Oatmeal + Avocado + Apple Cider Vinegar + Lemon
Prepare 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 piece of mashed avocado, 1 teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar, juice of a lemon and 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix them well and apply to your face, rinse with warm water after 20 minutes.
Lemon kills the bacteria to prevent acne and apple cider vinegar helps to regulate the skin’s PH levels.
4. Oatmeal + Essential Oil (Choose what you like)
Cook half cup of plain oatmeal and let it cool. Add a few drops of essential oil to get a mixture. Use it on you skin regularly to prevent acne.
This combination of oatmeal and essential oil helps for acne as well as other skin problems.
5. Oatmeal + Turmeric
Make a paste with oatmeal, turmeric powder and water, apply the paste to the affected areas and leave it until it dries. Rinse with warm water and regular use it to cure acne.
Turmeric helps kill the bacteria that cause acne because of its healing properties.
6. Oatmeal + Egg + Lemon
Cook 1/2 cup of oatmeal and let it cool, add an egg and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in to get a paste. Apply to your skin and rinse after 10-15 minutes. Repeat 2 times daily for best result.
Egg contains a good amount of vitamin E, which helps tighten the skin.
Source: Natural News